Cubitron Cutting Wheel
The 3M™ Cubitron™ II Cut-Off Wheels with Precision Shaped Grain are engineered to cut faster than competitive ceramic products offering significant productivity gains. The collision repair professionals’ value its fast cutting action on heat-sensitive metals and its cutting efficiency, yielding 2 to 7x more cuts than conventional cut-off wheels in many cases.
Long-lasting without loss of performance, our 3M™ Cubitron™ II Cut-Off Wheel efficiently cuts through even the toughest metal giving you better control while operating and over results.
One of 3M’s best, this rigid, reinforced resin-bonded cut-off wheel features Cubitron™ II Precision Shaped Grain. When compared with traditional aluminium oxide, zirconia or ceramic grain, Cubitron II abrasives cut faster and last significantly longer. And, they require less pressure and less effort on the part of the operator to do the work.
Consistently faster cutting reduces cycle times. Less pressure means less wear and tear on the operator and cooler cutting action reduces the risk of heat-related stress and thermal damage. It all adds up to greater productivity.
3M™ Cubitron™ II Cut-Off Wheels are Type 1, or straight, wheels with a closed face grinding guard and are typically used vertically. The 3-inch wheel has a maximum operating speed of 25,000 RPMs; the 4.5-inch wheel has a maximum operating speed of 13,300 RPMs.
• Outstanding cutting performance on both mild steel and ultra high strength steel
• Cubitron™ II cuts 30% faster and lasts 2x longer than conventional ceramic abrasives
• Precision Shaped Grain (PSG) technology employs microreplication for extremely uniform abrasive
• Triangular PSG abrasive grains are super-sharp and cut exceptionally fast
• Grains are electrostatically oriented on abrasive surface for efficient cut, even wear
• PSG self-fractures during use to maintain sharpness and prolong abrasive life
• Fewer wheel changes means speedier turnaround