Use our heavy duty 3M™ Cubitron™ II Fibre Disc 982C for a variety of applications including edge chamfering, bevelling and removing carbon steel welds, mill scale, pits and imperfections, machining grooves and more.
Our discs raise the bar for high performing abrasives, offering up to double the cut rate and lifespan than conventional ceramic industrial abrasive discs, with less grinding pressure required.
Use for grinding and blending large and small areas of metal surfaces. In heavy duty applications, more parts per disc are completed, reducing the need for disc changes.
Our discs feature 3M Precision Shaped Grain technology, which generates triangular shaped grains, electrostatically positioned on the backing. These turn into sharp peaks that act like individual cutting tools, slicing through metal with extreme efficiency. The grains wear evenly and continuously self-sharpen as the points break off. This reduces heat due to friction and extends the lifespan of the disc.
The tough, stiff backing is made from a vulcanized fibre that resists wear and can handle tough grinding applications.
Our discs are designed to maximise cutting potential, minimising grinding pressure and operator fatigue.
- 3M Precision Shaped Grain maintains super-sharp points that cut exceptionally fast with less pressure
- Disc life is significantly longer, completing more parts per disc and requiring fewer disc changes
- Triangular shaped ceramic grain lasts up to two times longer than other ceramic abrasives—it wears evenly, runs cool, and optimizes mineral breakdown
- Stiff fiber backing and a strong resin bond provide durability and tear-resistance for heavyweight applications such as high-pressure weld grinding and beveling
- Durable and tear resistant with a stiff fibre backing and strong resin bond for high pressure weld grinding and bevelling
- Minimise operator fatigue with 3M Precision Shaped Grain reducing grinding pressure
- Use for high pressure weld grinding, edge chamfering and bevelling
- Remove carbon steel welds, mill scale, pits and imperfections and machining grooves
- For grinding and blending large and small areas of metal surfaces
- Use with 3M High Performance Back Up for ultimate speed and performance