Creating a fast cut with a reduced heat build-up, 3M™ Cubitron™ II Cloth Belts 984F ensure a uniform finish over the life of the product while eliminating burning during end grain sanding applications.
Our cloth belts use 3M™ Ceramic Abrasive Grain which is electrostatically orientated to form sharp peaks which act like individual cutting tools, slicing through metal quickly. These peaks continuously self-sharpen as they break off, providing long life and consistency with less grinding pressure. This is why our belt products can outcut and outlast every conventional ceramic industrial abrasive product on the market.
They have a fabric splice, adding strength when grinding in medium to high pressure applications.
Our abrasive belts come in a variety of widths and sizes to fit almost any industrial belt sander. Narrow belts are used with portable belt sanders for grinding or blending. Medium belts are used on backstands to remove wields, material removal and to set the grain in stainless steel while wider belts are used with wide belt sanders to dimension metal sheets and coils.
- 3M Precision Shaped Grain continuously fractures into sharp points that cut exceptionally fast, helping increase productivity
- Engineered to run cooler, reducing metal discoloration/oxidation and the chance of heat related stress cracks
- Precision Shaped Grain requires less pressure, which can mean less operator fatigue
- Belt life is significantly longer, producing more parts per belt and requiring fewer belt changes
- Ceramic grain is engineered to run cooler, reducing metal discoloration/oxidation and the chance of heat-related stress cracks
- Used to dimension metal sheets and coils or add grain pattern to stainless steel
- Sets grain in stainless steel, removes material and wields