Use 3M™ Cubitron™ ll Cloth Belt 947A for outstanding results on applications ranging from high-pressure, automated grinding to low and medium pressure offhand operations, on equipment such as backstands, file belt sanders, inline sanders and stroke sanders. Our 947A belts feature Precision Shaped Grain on a X-weight, poly-cotton backing.
Precision Shaped Grain forms into triangular points that slice through metal rather than gouging or ploughing like traditional abrasives. These points continuously self-sharpen as they fracture, generating an extremely fast cut with less heat build-up – reducing heat-related stress cracks and discolouration. The abrasive produces a uniform finish over its life and helps eliminate burning during end-grain sanding applications.
The X-weight cloth backing provides durability and has the mineral is resin bonded to it for reliable performance, even under high heat and pressure.
- Requires less pressure to achieve high cut rates
- Runs cooler to elimate burnishing
- Faster cutting
- Lasts longer than conventional ceramic belts
- Engineered to run cooler – protecting heat sensitive alloys from stress cracks and discolouration
- Lasts up to 4 times longer than conventional ceramic belts
- For high-pressure, automated grinding to low and medium pressure offhand operations, on equipment such as backstands, file belt sanders, inline sanders and stroke sanders