For a durable and efficient belt use 3M™ Cloth Belt 777F. Our cloth belts have a blend 3M Ceramic Abrasive Grain and aluminium oxide allowing them to cut faster and last longer than aluminium oxide abrasive belts.
An incorporated grinding aid helps reduce running temperatures. This protects heat sensitive alloys such as stainless steel, nickel alloys and cobalt alloys from stress cracks and discolouration.
Our belts are recommended for use on stainless steel or other exotic metal alloys for dimensioning parts, deburring and blending. They can also be used for finishing castings and forgings and run wet or dry.
3M’s belts come with various flexibilities and splices that join the belt ends. Our 777F belts have a film splice for added strength when grinding in high pressure applications. When greater flexibility is needed to increase conformity or for a softer touch for finishing and blending, an L-flex provides more flexibility than the standard flex, while the Fullflex belt is the most flexible.
Our fabric belts come in a variety of sizes. Wider belts are designed for wide belt sanders for flat finishing — to smooth rough cut edges of metal sheets or add a grain pattern to stainless steel sheets. Medium width belts are generally used on a backstand for weld removal or on a feed through style flat finisher for imparting a finish on sheets and coils. Narrow belts can be used on backstands for grinding and finishing, or on file tools for finishing in right angle corners.
- 3M™ ceramic aluminum oxide grain blend surpasses aluminum oxide abrasives in cut-rate
- Durable ceramic/aluminum oxide blend extends belt life, producing more parts per belt and requiring fewer belt changes
- Heavyweight polyester backing supports high-pressure, tough applications and can be run wet or dry
- Contains a grinding aid to reduce heat and increase performance when used stainless steel and other exotic metals
- Durable resin bond protects from heat damage and extends the life of the belt
- Use on stainless steel or other exotic metal alloys for dimensioning parts, deburring and blending
- For finishing castings and forgings